I love questions that make conversations, life more interesting. After reading this article last week, I’ve been thinking a lot about questions I like that make for fascinating conversation. Here’s a short list:
- What do you believe is true that almost nobody agrees with? (The Peter Thiel question)
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
- If you could call yourself five years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Someone gets a text message from you, and for whatever reason they’re not sure it’s actually you. They’re worried that someone may have stolen your phone. What could they ask to make sure it’s really you?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- What’s something about you that people are usually surprised to learn?
- What’s something that’s exciting to you right now?
Related, check out questions you can use to get the most out of meetings.2